ABOVE AVERAGE YOGA 200HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
What Sets us Apart?!
- A collective of instructors: Above Average Yoga has partnered with some of the best teachers in the local market to bring you a well rounded, experience. This will allow you to form your own thoughts and opinions around several philosophical topics as well as getting the best teachings from people that specialize in their field.
3. Many perspectives. Because we are operating as a collective teaching unit, unique gifts and talents will be brought forward to you! Al of the teachers will live in different bodies, come from different backgrounds and have taken different trainings. This brings about a unique experience of well rounded education.
4. Functional Anatomy training. The anatomy training will not be endless lecture. It will be learning about a part of the body and then moving that part of the body. This will allow you to experience the anatomy of your own body and understand how the body actually works. Rather then just reading about it in a text book.
Over the course of our 200 hour training we will cover a variety of topics and information. All of which falls under the requirements set out by the Yoga Alliance as well as offers a unique approach to the modern world of yoga.
Our curriculum will include, but is not limited to:
Asana (physical postures)
Various meditation techniques and how to teach meditation
Communication skills required for being a successful yoga teacher
Teaching Methodology, who to teach, time management etc
How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations such as Chair Yoga
How to sequence classes
Qualities of a successful yoga teacher
Business aspects of teaching yoga
Human anatomy and physiology (musculoskeletal system, bodily systems, organs, etc.)
Energic systems, chakras, koshas, ect
The study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice
The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
Yoga lifestyle, such as the 8 limbs of yoga, and the concepts of dharma and karma
Ethics for yoga teachers
Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others
Practice teaching as the lead instructor
And so much more!
When I was looking into taking my Yoga Teacher Certification I looked at the schedule and couldn’t begin to think of how I was going to manage it. I put it down and walked away, feeling like there was no hope in attending. But then I realized that is was totally going to be worth it in the end and I asked for help from my community and made it happen! It was a huge stretch for me, a LEAP out of my comfort zone, but having that faith and taking that step has helped me to blossom and grow in ways I never thought possible. Yes, it might mean sacrificing what your current normal looks like to create a new normal, but your future self will thank you for!- Trista Davis
January 2020 6 month Program
Fridays are 5-9pm
Saturdays and Sundays 9-6pm
The first 30 min of Friday nights will be mediation and reflection while we allow everyone to arrive. Please plan to arrive as close to 5 pm as possible. This time makes up for 180 hours, the other 20 hours are made up of assignments over the 6 month program.
February 14, 15, 16
April 24, 25, 26
June 5, 6, 7
July 3, 4, 5
Sessions will be at the Orange Hub 10045 156 St NW and the NEW Above Average Yoga Location, TBA ASAP
Included in the price of tuition:
• 200 hour training if successfully completed will leave you certified as a RYT200hr through the Yoga Alliance. The Yoga Alliance is a governing body for yoga throughout the world and it is often what studios look for often when they are hiring.
• Comprehensive manual, designed for you to refer back to again and again.
• Small class size, lots of time for questions and one on one time.
Tuition $2,995.00 plus gst
Tuition can be split into payments. Please contact us for payment plan options.
Deposit is $500 and needs to be paid in full to ensure your spot. All deposits and payments are non refundable.
Optional Tool Kit: Textbooks (which we will be referencing throughout our training), a cylinder bolster, yoga blanket, yoga strap and 2 blocks for $229.00
Please note that these items will need to be brought to most classes. You will also need a yoga mat, we have them available as well for $30-$99 if you need! If you need any of these things individually we can help you to order them as well.
Questions? We would love to chat with you! Contact us at email@example.com or call Trista at 780-999-5808
Ready to apply? Fill our Application form HERE
Ready to secure your spot!? Click HERE